Family & Children Services of Silicon Valley’s mission is to build strong, safe, and self-sufficient individuals, families, and communities. To achieve this goal, we offer a range of innovative, accessible, and integrated programs and services addressing critical health and human services needs.
FCS seeks peer support workers to assist in the delivery of new culturally-competent prevention and support services to the diverse LGBTQ communities of Santa Clara County. As part of the County of Santa Clara Behavioral Health Department’s Ethnic & Cultural Community Advisory Committee (ECCAC), this role is intended to help make the public behavioral health system more culturally-competent and consumer- and family-driven for the LGBTQ population in Santa Clara County. This program will seek to reduce disparities in access to services for the LGBTQ Community due to stigma, discrimination and lack of knowledge about mental health, substance abuse and suicide prevention services.
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate Degree plus 2 years experience in human services, or a bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field, preferred.
- Strong desire and commitment to advocate for the mental health and wellness concerns of diverse LGBTQ populations and individuals
- Bilingual required (Spanish, Vietnamese, Tagalog or Mandarin)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Public speaking, training and facilitation skills required
- Experience with mental health systems as a consumer, through family members, or other direct experience.
- Experience with multigenerational lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities required.
- Dependability: A demonstrated ability to work independently with initiative, using good judgment, and available resources.
- Prioritizing Ability: Demonstrated ability to organize workload, maintain multiple priorities, and sustain productivity and accuracy.
- Teamwork Skills: Knowledge of group development/dynamics required.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Database software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software and overall excellent computer skills are required
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Event planning and volunteer coordinating skills desired
- Experience with outreach and engagement, community education, or community organizing desired
- Ability to provide transportation for co-workers, volunteers and consumers. (Valid driver’s license and auto insurance)
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; www.fcservices.org Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments
- Interpersonal Skills – focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume by email (preferred) or mail to:Family & Children Services of Silicon Valley Attn. Human Resources 375 Cambridge Avenue Palo Alto, CA 94306 hr [at] fcservices.org