The Human Rights Campaign is America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender equality. By inspiring and engaging all Americans, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBT citizens and realize a nation that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
Position Summary:The Coordinator for the Policy and Political Affairs Division reports directly to the Vice President of Policy and Political Affairs and is responsible for providing administrative and other support to the VP for Policy and Political Affairs and the Division, as directed by the Vice President. Position Responsibilities:
- Manage all administrative support for the Vice President for Policy and Political Affairs, including scheduling meetings, travel and appointments;
- Work closely with the Vice President for Policy and Political Affairs on the annual budgets for the Policy and Political Affairs Division. This includes compiling monthly financial reports, monitoring division spending, and processing payment
- Train and provide support for the assistants and coordinators in the Policy and Political Affairs Division.
- Work with the PAC Director on political fundraising activities, including tracking political contributions and coordinating with local volunteers on fundraising events for HRC PAC-endorsed candidates.
- Work with the Government Affairs team to coordinate lobby day events and other duties as requested by the Vice President for Policy and Political Affairs.
- Work with the General Counsel’s office to file quarterly and bi-annual federal lobbying disclosure reports.
- Provide support for the Public Policy Committee board members through notice of monthly meetings, agendas and minutes; scheduling of monthly conference calls; and maintenance of the committee roster.
- Assist with personnel responsibilities and staff changes. Work with Human Resources to ensure proper advertisement and communication of open Policy and Political Affairs Division positions.
- Assist with HRC Board meeting preparation, including compiling draft Board reports and coordinating presentations and speaking invitations to Board events.
- Work with Field, Government Affairs, Legal and PAC coordinators/assistants to recruit, train and manage a team of political interns.
- Assist Vice President for Policy and Political Affairs with other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least one year of experience as an Executive/Administrative Assistant.
- Applicants should have a high level of expertise/or the ability to acquire a high level of expertise in Windows-based and other computer applications such as Google Plus, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, and Outlook; excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills; and the ability to adapt to an ever-changing political environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, while prioritizing important issues. Hard worker, with extremely strong attention to detail and a commitment to high-quality and timely work product and processes is a must.
Please refer to the link to apply for the position:https://hrc-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=30&source=ONLINE&JobOwner=992424&company_id=16928&version=1