Our Family Coalition promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. OFC offers family support programs serving LGBTQ parents/caregivers and their children, by providing educational workshops, parent peer support groups, and community-building events and activities; helps foster institutional change focused on building cultural competency for working with LGBTQ families in elementary schools, early childhood settings, and health & social service providers; and engages in policy & advocacy work to advance the equality of LGBTQ families. These three areas of work inform and build on one another. These three areas of work inform and build on one another. Throughout our programs, we have focused resources on deepening our work with families and the communities in which they live. For more information about Our Family Coalition, please visit www.ourfamily.org.
OFC is seeking a Policy Intern to support our policy and advocacy initiatives. OFC is looking for a creative individual who is committed to our mission. The Policy Intern will:
- Assist with outreach efforts through media, events, organizations, and coalitions;
- Assist with current advocacy efforts, including tracking and reporting
- Analyze previous campaigns, and provide recommendations to help further goals of current education and advocacy work;
- Assist with the development and publication of research reports
- Provide general support to the Policy and Communications Director and Executive Director, as well as overall assistance with broader campaign initiatives.
- Experience in research, organizing, and/or advocacy at a campaign-oriented organization;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Comfortable working with diverse community groups and coalitions;
- Ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Good organization and time-management skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to LGBT equality and social justice;
- Able to work in a small, close-knit team environment.
To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Policy Intern position, along with a resume to renata [at] ourfamily.org or fax to 415-981-1962.