Title: Program Associate - Fund for Resilience, Equity and Engagement (FREE) Location: Washington, D.C.FLSA Classification: Full-Time, ExemptSalary Range: $45,000 - $55,000/yearDESCRIPTIONAIDS United is seeking a dynamic Program Associate (PA) for the Fund for Resilience, Equity and Engagement (FREE). FREE is a three-year grantmaking, capacity building, and policy and advocacy program to support services prioritizing Black gay, bisexual, queer and same-gender loving (GBQ/SGL) men and people who are transgender throughout the United States. The Program Associate will provide general administrative and programmatic support; process and respond to requests for capacity building assistance (CBA) and/or technical assistance (TA) from grantees, and coordinate logistics for site visits, technical assistance, and convenings. This is a full-time position with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2019. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate administrative processes relating to grants management;
- Coordinate data entry and reporting with AU’s grants management system;
- Provide informational materials to potential applicants and funded organizations;
- Provide general administrative and programmatic support including logistics coordination, data management, communications, and recordkeeping;
- Schedule and manage programmatic deadlines;
- Provide guidance to consultants regarding capacity building assistance guidelines, reporting deadlines, and delivery of training and technical assistance, as needed;
- Provide administrative and coordination support for the planning and implementation of CBA and technical assistance;
- Contribute to maintenance and utility of program database and other internal program systems for monitoring the status of CBA requests;
- Work with FREE team members to identify grantees that would benefit from TA and/or training;
- Coordinate webinars;
- Track literature, statistics, conference information, grant opportunities and other resource information;
- Provide administrative and coordination support for the planning and implementation of national meetings, site visits and trainings;
- Field inquiries regarding grant guidelines, reporting deadlines, and program requirements; and
- Provide additional support to program staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or three years of relevant experience;
- Minimum one year of administrative experience;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills;
- Detail-oriented with exceptional project & time management skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and desired experience with Smartsheets, Salesforce CRM, Foundation;
- Connect, or other grants management system;
- Bilingual (Spanish) desired; and
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
TRAVELPosition requires moderate travel – less than 21 days per year. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESNone. ABOUT AIDS UNITEDAIDS United’s mission is to end the HIV epidemic in the United States. We seek to fulfill our mission through strategic grantmaking, capacity building, policy/advocacy, technical assistance and formative research. AIDS United offers competitive compensation and benefits package and is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. WORKING CONDITIONSWork is generally performed within the office environment and includes significant phone contact with public, trustees, high-level donors, corporate executives, and grantee staff. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThese demands document the physical requirements of a specific job. Criteria may include: Lifting, Carrying, Push/Pull, Sitting/Standing (In Place); On Feet, Walking, Bending, Turn/Twist; Kneeling; Squatting; Crawling; Climbing; Reaching (Out)/Reaching (Up), Grasping, Wrist Turning; Pinching; Finger Manipulation, Hearing, Talking, working with a computer for eight hours, Working in close quarters. Communicating over the telephone for eight hours. TO APPLYSend a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] aidsunited.org with the subject line “FREE PA.” Incomplete applications will not be considered. No phone calls, please. People with lived experience are strongly encouraged to apply.