The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada, a community-based organization, supports and promotes activities directed at furthering the well-being, positive image, and human rights of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community, its allies, and low to moderate income residents in Southern Nevada.
The Program Director is a member of the senior management team and reports directly to the CEO. He/she/they is primarily responsible for the daily management and oversight of all Center programs and services and advancement of The Center’s mission through strategic expansion of existing Center programs and services and development of new initiatives to address effectively the needs of the community through increased and enhanced offerings.This position includes responsibility for identifying, developing and advancing current and new partnerships with appropriate community-based organizations and public service agencies, both locally and nationally.He/she/they will continually grow a shared knowledge base by identifying and participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and joining and participating in professional organizations. Contributes to organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests while exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments. Ongoing Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Development
- Program and Personnel Management
- Staff Training and Professional Development
- Partnerships Development and Management
- Community Engagement
- Public and Media Relations
A seasoned health and human services executive with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience at community-based and/or public sector organizations. A demonstrable track record in managing and evaluating programs, people (staff and volunteers) and budgets. Related educational degree is expected and advanced degree is preferred.
- A deep and nuanced understanding of the issues affecting the populations served by The Center, including human rights, racial, gender, and economic justice, systems of inter-connected oppressions and inequalities, and health.
- Demonstrated experience working with the populations served by The Center including people of color; transgender persons; lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer persons; allied persons; persons who are HIV positive; and low- to moderate-income persons.
- Strong organizational skills, with a proven record of managing multiple projects and competing priorities.
- A willingness and capability to “roll up the sleeves” and work at a level of detail appropriate to the current size of the organization, as well as the capacity to become more hands-off as it grows.
- Must be a good communicator both verbally and written: Preparation of executive summaries, dashboards, and presentations.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well in a collaborative environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be results oriented, a self-starter with proven concern for detail, organization, and timely follow-through.
- Be able to collect data, analyze, and report out for decision making.
- Must be a problem solver in order to quickly work through complex situations.
- Demonstrated experience working in a multicultural environment where commitment to diversity based on race, ethnic origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and physical ability is a core value.
- Ability to regularly work evenings and weekends as required.
The following documents must be submitted in Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF.
- CV or Resume, including community service and volunteer experience
- Cover Letter
Applications may be submitted by email to ceo [at] thecenterlv.org with a subject line of Program Director. Applications may be mailed to Program Director Search, The Center, 401 S. Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89101.