Founded in 1994, the Gill Foundation is one of the nation's largest funders of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender equal rights work. Our goal is to create an America in which all people are treated equally and respectfully.
The foundation seeks a mission-focused, strategic, and metrics-minded Program Officer to lead the development and execution of our work in select states by developing and managing a portfolio of grants and consulting contracts.Reporting to the Director of Programs, a successful Program Officer will identify and act on opportunities to advance efforts that make progress toward achieving specific outcomes in our current priorities - equal treatment under the law, safe schools, and a prosperous Colorado.Expectations:
- Has an absolute dedication to the foundation's Guiding Principles and core values of being clever, dynamic, inspiring, innovative, and pioneering.
- Put a premium on turning new ideas into action and being persistent and iterative until we drive the desired outcome.
- Must thrive in a team-centered environment and promote a culture of mutual accountability, high performance, and continuous improvement, placing a premium on learning and measureable outcomes.
- Although we are team-centered, each member must work with considerable independent judgment and initiative to ensure the foundation's mission is carried out, information flows quickly and effectively with the rest of the team, deadlines are met, and actions receive rigorous and honest evaluation.
For more details, visit www.gillfoundation.org/employment/ to view the full job description.
- 7+ years' experience designing and managing complex advocacy or public education campaigns and/or programs, particularly in the states;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Deep experience working on issue-based campaigns;
- Working knowledge of earned, paid, and social media tactics;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to form effective working relationships with staff;
- Self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic setting;
- Creative, outside-the-box thinker who can quickly turn ideas into action;
- Working knowledge of current non-partisan, nonprofit civic engagement tactics and/or considerable interest in the field; and
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards.
Location and Work Protocols
- Based at the Denver, Colorado office.
- Flexible work schedule including off-regular hour events.
- Expected to monitor email during off-hours for unusual critical event developments/logistics.
- Periodic travel.
Please send a resume and cover letter to resumes [at] gillfoundation.org.