The National LGBT Cancer Network works to improve the lives of LGBT cancer survivors and those at risk by:
- EDUCATING the LGBT community about our increased cancer risks and the importance of screening and early detection;
- TRAINING health care providers to offer more culturally-competent, safe and welcoming care; and
- ADVOCATING for LGBT survivors in mainstream cancer organizations, the media, and research.
Vibrant social justice organization is looking for someone who is passionate about LGBTQ equity to assume the role of Social Media Manager & Project Associate for a national health initiative. This person must have graphic design skills, a commitment to excellence, great attention to detail, and desire to interact with LGBTQ leaders around the country. They will be primarily responsible for social media content development and engagement strategies; documenting project deliverables using photography and video, and providing a variety of support functions for management staff. This is a full-time position based in a converted mill loft complex in Rhode Island with a generous benefits package and excellent working environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated facility with social media platforms;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, writing, and computer skills;
- Experience with graphic design and leading graphic design software;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience working across different disparity populations in the LGBTQ arena;
- Demonstrated success working independently, managing details, and adhering to established guidelines and time frames.
- Strong social media experience;
- Experience engaging and working with diverse community groups;
- Ability to think critically;
- A sense of humor;
- Attention to aesthetic;
- Ability to work well in an open office environment;
- Spanish language fluency; and
- Grounding in social justice framework.
Salary $40k/year for FTE. This position is based in the Providence, RI office. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to michelle [at] cancer-network.org. In order to be considered, please make sure your resume includes links to your own social media accounts or those you have managed. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not get a response.