Civic Nation is a home for changemakers who inspire, educate, and activate people around the issues that will define this generation. We empower people to take on the biggest challenges of our time — strengthening democracy; foster civic engagement, social justice and voter participation; addressing public health crises; fighting for gender equity; and more.Civic Nation drives real, meaningful change by shifting culture, systems, and policy. We organize at every level and serve as a connector — of people and programs, of grassroots activists and leaders of industries and organizations, of ideas and the resources to make them reality. Our goal is to empower individuals, companies, institutions, and organizations to create a more inclusive, equitable America. The Made to Save campaign, launched in April 2021, is an education, outreach, and grassroots mobilization effort working to save lives by building public trust in the COVID-19 vaccines through trusted messengers who can engage in dialogue and share clear, consistent information with communities most impacted by the pandemic. The effort is anchored in the power of grassroots organizing, centered in equity, rooted in evidence-based strategies to build trust, and informed by public health experts. We aim to depoliticize the COVID-19 response and deploy trusted messengers to engage in trust-building dialogue and empower local groups to lead.Building trust in vaccines requires an intentional and careful approach. Made to Save serves as a centralized hub to coordinate and disseminate proven messages and effective strategies through a broad coalition of trusted partners. We also provide financial and outreach support to community-based organizations in areas hardest hit by the virus, which are overwhelmingly Black, Brown, and Indigenous communities where discrimination and systemic racism have created health inequities and bred disproportionate levels of medical distrust.
Civic Nation is seeking a Reporting Analyst / Manager for Made to Save, a national public education and grassroots mobilization campaign working to save lives by increasing access & trust in the COVID-19 vaccines. The effort serves as a centralized hub to coordinate and disseminate messages and effective strategies through a broad coalition of trusted partners. Reporting to the Director of Data & Analytics, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for building pipelines to transform data from our partners, visualize data collected, and present findings to partners & stakeholders. The ideal candidate for this position brings at least 2 years of experience in analytics for a non-profit or political space, with a preference for individuals with experience in data engineering and data visualization. To be qualified for this role, candidates are comfortable managing a project from inception to completion and presenting work to stakeholders. This is a remote, “short” term campaign that will end in July 2022.
- Assist team members to identify & ingest data sources integral to understanding the impact of vaccine outreach.
- Make data accessible to all analysts via designing and building ETL pipelines in our AWS data warehouse.
- Realize stakeholder prioritizes by creating data visualizations that provide insight and answer questions about our program.
- Present findings to the Research & Impact team, Made To Save, and external partners.
- 2+ years working with databases and large datasets, specifically in environments that require transformation and automation of tasks and code.
- Experience with using SQL in a database management context and Python in the context of task automation.
- Experience with data visualization platforms, such as Tableau, Power BI, Sisense, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Has worked with a political, advocacy, or public policy campaign and has a familiarity with voterfiles or similar datasets.
- Experience in public health and/or demography or Civis platform is a plus.
- A problem-solving mindset with a focus on developing both prompt results as well as long-term solutions.
- A high level of attention to detail and communication skills, and an ability to (and interest in) talk about data and technical concepts to a broad audience of people with varying technical backgrounds.
- Experience with public demographic and/or public health datasets, such as ACS, CDC indices, Census, etc.
- Ability to work with geospatial data preferred.
- Comfort in a rapidly changing environment and demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities at any given time.
A demonstrated understanding of the role that racial inequity plays in our society, in public health outcomes, and in progressive policies.
TO APPLY Please go to civicnation.org/careers to submit a cover letter and resume below. The cover letter, addressed to Shrija Ghosh, should be concise, compelling, and include what makes you the best fit for this role. As all good relationships are built on trust, whether with friends, family or otherwise, please also include what trust means to you and how you think about building trust. The urgency of this campaign matches the urgency of the crisis we face. We will be scaling up quickly and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis but not accepted after July 23, 2021.