The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a Research Associate for the 2021-22 election cycle.Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by 6PM (Eastern Time) on December 7, 2020.DIVERSITY PRACTICESThe DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant as part of your cover letter. CLOSINGThe DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.This position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.
- Produce original research memos;
- Perform thorough fact checks on internal and external communication documents;
- Assist in managing interns;
- Assist with other assignments and tasks as requested by the Research Director.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in campaign research as a staff member either with a consulting firm, a DC political committee, or directly with a campaign;
- Demonstrated research skills and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to write, edit, and fact check with precision and calm on deadline;
- A pro-active, self-starter who can take direction/work as part of a team, but who can also be trusted to independently produce error-free research; and
- An understanding of how research fits into the overall campaign/communications picture.
To apply, please submit your materials at this link.