The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic Governors, is seeking two Senior Campaign Advisors for the 2021/2022 cycle. These individuals will work collaboratively and report to the DGA’s Political Director and be given autonomy and responsibility to lead the committee’s effort of electing and re-electing Democratic Governors. Each individual will be the DGA’s point person in multiple states, including our incumbents and our challenger races, working directly with candidates for governor, campaign managers, campaign senior staff, and consulting teams. These positions will coordinate the DGA’s involvement in races; bringing insight, guidance, and resources to be value-added in campaigns while also having high-level input on DGA’s own spending priorities.
- In re-election efforts, serve as primary point of contact with Governors, their staff, their re-election campaign and consulting team, and in-state stakeholders.
- In challenger and open seat efforts, serve as primary point of contact with candidates for Governor, their campaign staff and consulting teams, and in-state stakeholders.
- Work with the Political Director, Executive Director, and Deputy Executive Director on making DGA political spending decisions; maximizing where our money can most strategically help win races.
- Support Governors and candidates for Governor in helping them make key hires and decisions throughout the election cycle.
- Work hand-in-hand with campaign managers to ensure Democratic campaigns are operating at the highest level;
- Provide value and guidance to campaigns on strategy; including polling, media planning, and budgeting.
- Coordinate efforts of the DGA’s communication, research, and digital teams and know how to bring those assets to be helpful to campaigns.
- Collaborate with state party partners on research, tracking, and earned media efforts against Republican incumbents and candidates.
DIVERSITY PRACTICESThe DGA recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. The DGA is committed to ensuring equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status. The DGA strongly encourages individuals with a diverse background to apply to this position and to share why your demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience working in diverse communities makes you a strong applicant.CLOSINGThe DGA offices are based in downtown Washington, DC and we are currently in a remote work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The DGA will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process on-boarding procedures remotely, as necessary.This position comes with full health care benefits and compensation is commensurate with the position and experience.
- At least 2+ cycles of statewide campaign management experience or equivalent experience on national campaigns;
- Serious principal management experience with high-level elected officials and official-side staff;
- History of developing strategic campaign messaging and working with consulting teams to execute the message through paid communication;
- Advanced knowledge of campaign budgeting, cashflow, and fundraising projections;
- Experience working with and developing television, digital, and mail programs;
- Ability to provide meaningful input on polling and other public opinion research items to drive strategic decision making;
- Confidence to think creatively about complex campaign problems and be willing to find unique solutions that fit each campaign’s specific needs;
- Willingness to travel to fulfill primary responsibilities when normal business travel resumes;
- Must be comfortable with long, irregular hours during peak seasons.
- Passion and commitment to Democratic candidates and causes;
- Ability to work well with a diverse staff with unique areas of expertise who are a part of other departments;
- Energy, flexible, collaborative, creative, and proactive;
- Extremely well-organized and detail oriented while moving in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to learn quickly and apply lessons to work product in real time.
If you wish to apply, please submit your materials via the follow link: https://jobs.lever.co/dga/06a380c4-b2c4-48c2-9791-f5e26b56b31c/apply