Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer workplace equality.Led by CEO Erin Uritus, Out & Equal partners with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.Since 1996, Out & Equal has worked with executives, HR professionals, Employee Resource Groups, and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces that are free of discrimination.Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit, where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.For more information on Out & Equal, please visit outandequal.org.
Out & Equal is seeking a Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships to lead its partnerships and engagement work, which is central to achieving the organization’s mission and responsible for more than 90% of the organization’s revenue. The Senior Director will understand how organizations work and how to get results, and will be a strategic and entrepreneurial relationship-builder who can effectively lead Out & Equal’s corporate partnerships work into its next phase of impact and engagement.Reporting to Chief Operating Officer Rachel Rubin, the Senior Director will:
- Partner with the CEO, staff, and the Board to implement and refine the newly devised strategy for partnerships and engagement
- Lead and support a growing team of four, ensuring that they are equipped to meet their annual goals and priorities
- Maintain a small, high-touch portfolio of current and prospective corporate partners
- Work with staff across the organization to initiate and manage relationships with current and prospective corporate partners, including strategizing on related events and communications
- Effectively communicate the Out & Equal mission and its priorities at events, meetings, and in public forums
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies and characteristics:
- At least 10 years of experience building corporate partnerships, with a focus on growth and outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing, refining, and implementing an engagement strategy
- Ability to build rapport with ease
- Honesty and integrity – a person who can be trusted without reservation
- Proven leadership skills – a mentor and coach with a focus on professional development
- A strong commitment to using intersectional approaches to promote Out & Equal’s mission of workplace inclusion for all; experience with LGBTQ issues and communities a plus, but not required
Out & Equal has engaged Koya Leadership Partners to help in this hire. Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume to Meghan Franklin here.Providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all is at the heart of Out & Equal’s mission, and the team is committed to maximizing the diversity of the organization through its hiring practices and the values staff bring to the work every day. Out & Equal strongly encourages people of color, trans and nonbinary people, people with disabilities, and women to apply. Out & Equal complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.