All Out is mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful movement for love and equality. More than 1.9 million strong and in every country, our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
All Out is seeking Summer Interns to work closely with members of our international team. We are looking for passionate, talented individuals who will support and learn from our dedicated staff as we launch new campaigns around the world. We have a range of opportunities for candidates with interests and experience in creative fields, political organizing, online marketing, and data analysis. The ideal candidates are detail driven, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, and passionate about LGBT issues around the world.In the last year, All Out ran 49 campaigns in 26 different countries around the world that call for an end to laws that make it illegal to be gay, condemn dangerous gay "cure" therapy, call for protection against violent and deadly attacks on the LGBT community, push powerful corporations such as MTV, Marriot and Coca-Cola to stand for equality, and hold accountable influential figures promoting homophobic or transphobic rhetoric while supporting those with a positive message.The interns will work with All Out to execute high-impact, opportunity-driven campaigns combining online tactics, media expertise and strategic partnerships.Activities will include:
- Researching breaking news on LGBT issues around the world.
- Creating combelling email and social media content.
- Contributing to strategy discussions on new and existing campaigns.
- Providing general support to the team.
Educational opportunities include:
- Opportunity to work with world-class campaigners in a global, fast-paced, tech-focused environment
- Learn how to run online campaigns, including social media advocacy, mass email writing, and other transferable marketing skills.
- Learn how to execute press outreach, including writing press releases and pitching media.
- Opportunity to pitch and realize campaigns and special projects.
- Develop team-working skills.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a demonstrated commitment to and understanding of LGBT rights, international human rights, or similiar social justice movements
- Can work independently and think creatively about our work.
- Has the ability to initiate and follow through on projects with minimal oversight.
- Is fluent in written and spoken English - bonus points for French, Spanish, or Portuguese fluency.
- Has a keen interest in all things online, with a robust social media presence themselves.
Interns are eligible for academic credit. The position will be based in New York, however, if you are based elsewhere and are interested in similar positions, please submit your application with your city/country in the subject line. The position is full-time, starting around June 1st, with a 2-3 month commitment. Part-time applicants will also be considered. To apply, please send a brief cover note, explaining your fit for the role and your resume to jobs [at] allout.org (subject: Campaign%20Director) with the subject line “Summer Intern.” Please indicate where you learned of the position. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants.