The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality
Position Summary: The Paralegal / Legal Coordinator provides substantive and administrative support to the General Counsel’s office, particularly focusing on managing the priorities and projects of the Senior Vice President, General Counsel (SVP, GC), conducting legal research, drafting and reviewing documents including contracts and corporate governance documents, and providing administrative support. The Paralegal is an integral part of the team, which is comprised of four attorneys including the SVP, GC. This is a temporary position, expected to last for six months with the possibility of an extension dependent upon budget. Position Responsibilities:Paralegal
- Drafts and/or assists with editing and proofreading of legal documents – including business letters, policies and procedures, meeting agendas, notes and minutes, trainings, corporate governance documents, talking points, presentations, fact sheets, and other documents.
- Prepares and reviews consultant and event contracts and GC’s office correspondence.
- Maintains GC’s office filings, tracks and manages contracts, and assists with enforcing HRC rights in its intellectual property.
- Responsible for taking minutes during board meetings (including the coordination of law fellows to assist with the note-taking) and compiling minutes for review and approval by SVP, GC.
- Responsible for maintaining corporate governance documents.
- Assisting attorneys with legal research and writing.
- Assists the SVP, GC in managing the priorities and projects of the office, including assisting with the calendar and systematizing and maintaining electronic and paper files.
- Supports the staff of GC’s office in all administrative duties including maintaining journal and Lexis-Nexis subscriptions, reimbursements, travel arrangements, as well as scheduling meetings, tracking pro bono attorneys’ hours, ordering supplies, and providing primary administrative support to the SVP,GC.
- Assists with the department’s finances, including check requests, credit card reconciliations, purchase orders, expense reports, reimbursements, and the annual budgeting process.
- Assists with recruitment and management of law fellows.