The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary:The Temporary All Children – All Families Coordinator (ACAF) will meet administrative needs and assigned programmatic duties for the ACAF 2018 participation cycle. ACAF works with child welfare agencies (public and private) across the U.S. to assist them in improving their practice with LGBTQ children, youth and families. This is a temporary position for 20 hours per week (preferred days Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday), expected to end in December 2018. Position Responsibilities:
- Work with ACAF program staff to administer the ACAF online Agency Self-Assessment (Qualtrics survey) including email and phone outreach to current participating organizations and researching prospects for new participation.
- Maintain program database in Salesforce, including data entry for new organizations and contacts, track participating agencies, webinar participation by agency staff, and other metrics as needed.
- Work with ACAF program staff to provide administrative support for the 2018-2019 Webinar Series and Group Technical Assistance sessions, including correspondence with presenters, scheduling preparation meetings and assisting with delivery using GoTo software.
- Draft and edit email correspondence to child welfare organizations to market program resources
- Draft and edit ACAF-related print and online materials
- Provide administrative and logistical support to ACAF department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) and one to three years relevant work experience
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and demonstrated ability to work independently
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail is a must
- Outstanding organizational, task management and time management skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and manage work under tight deadlines.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software, experience with website editing software and database software are essential, specifically Qualtrics, Salesforce and GoToMeeting, GoToTraining and GoToWebinar
- Skills with Gmail Apps (Gmail, Drive, and Google Docs)
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Commitment to LGBTQ equality
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.