The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.The Human Rights Campaign envisions a world where lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people are ensured equality and embraced as full members of society at home, at work and in every community.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary: The Training Manager reports directly to the Vice President of HR & Leadership Development and is responsible for assessing organization-wide training needs to drive training initiatives and identify and arrange suitable training solutions for employees and HRC volunteers. The Training Manager also actively searches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate and enhance job performance as well as acts as an administrator for HRC’s learning management systems. Position Responsibilities:
- Serve as the in-house training expert – keeping abreast of the best practices in adult learning – and how to support the work of HRC’s staff and volunteers through training.
- Help prepare and deliver highly engaging and effective in-person and online training, presentations and discussions on a wide variety of topics for staff.
- Support in-house content experts by translating their expertise into training modules.
- Coordinate internal staff training schedule with various stakeholders including external consultants.
- Manage training systems and maintain data to monitor organization’s goals and benchmarks.
- Market training and learning tools to staff on a routine basis and perform outreach to staff on available trainings.
- Maintain a training dashboard to ensure accountability, tracking, and monitoring of internal training efforts and staff participation.
- Serve as administrator on learning management systems. Evaluate and recommend other technologies as appropriate to support training at HRC.
- Act as a liaison with external training partners for HRC staff training needs.
- Serve as the lead on HRC’s cross-departmental Training and Development Taskforce.
- Assist the VP of HR & Leadership Development in identifying and managing other training resources including coaching and external training programs.
- Assist the VP of HR & Leadership Development with administrative tasks and certain confidential matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience) with at least three to five years of relevant work experience required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience in public speaking, facilitation and training required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships throughout HRC and with external vendors.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, goal-driven and confirmed ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with a positive attitude, meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative environment.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, and Excel).
- Experience with learning management systems (Adobe Captivate Prime, LinkedIn Learning and/or Litmos) strongly preferred.
- Familiarity and competence with video and training conferencing systems (GoToMeeting and Zoom) preferred.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) certification is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.