The Human Rights Campaign and the Human Rights Campaign Foundation together serve as America's largest civil rights organization working to achieve LGBTQ equality. By inspiring and engaging individuals and communities, HRC strives to end discrimination against LGBTQ people and realize a world that achieves fundamental fairness and equality for all.
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team. Position Summary:The Video Editor, Gala & Events reports to the Director of Video and is responsible for the management and production of cutting-edge videos and multimedia products for the Human Rights Campaign with a focus on galas, events, fundraising, and membership. You will make the videos that entertain, inspire, and mobilize our members and supporters into action. A deep understanding of celebrity culture and a love for TV, film, theater, and song are essential, as many of the videos you create will honor the newsmakers, tastemakers and civil rights heroes leading the fight for LGBTQ equality. Position Responsibilities:
- Produce, research, and edit video projects in support of HRC galas and conferences, including researching, producing, editing, graphics, sound and other post-production adjustments.
- Create motion graphic elements to elevate production value of final cuts.
- Edit footage captured at events for use on our social media channels.
- Storyboard, script, research, edit and produce video projects in support of HRC’s larger mission from conception to delivery during downtimes in our annual calendar.
- Assist with the management of HRC’s online video channels including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
- Proactively identify technical upgrades and improvements to media center and help to troubleshoot issues.
- Adapt schedules and projects as needed in a fast-paced, flexible work environment with multiple organizational priorities;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with at least five years of video production experience required.
- Experience working with events video, fundraising initiatives and membership drives preferred.
- Advanced experience with motion graphics.
- Passionate about celebrity and American culture as expressed in film, TV, music, and theater.
- Knowledge of and experience with Adobe Premiere, Adobe PhotoShop, After Effects, Illustrator and Apple software products.
- Knowledge of and experience with non-linear video editing systems.
- Creative problem solver with excellent visual design sense.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) will occasionally be necessary.
- Moderate travel, sometimes on short notice, should be expected.
- Personal interest in or commitment to LGBTQ rights preferred.
- Strong portfolio of video projects from concept to completion.
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders and managing a diversity of opinions on each project.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
*Please include a link to your portfolio in the cover letter or resume or upload separate documents.* All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply. No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.
To apply, please visit: www.hrc.org/careers.