This full-time position will join the marketing team and will report to the content manager. Due to COVID-19, this position is remote through 2021 with a desire for the role to be permanently based in Chicago, IL (in-person when able). NDTC will reopen an office in Chicago, IL when it is safe for us to resume working in an office, traveling, and holding in-person meetings. NDTC believes that our differences enhance our strength as a political party—and as a nation—and we as an organization benefit from staff of diverse races, ethnic origins, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, economic backgrounds, abilities, and other facets of our identities.
Do you love telling an organization’s story through visual mediums? Are you able to create images that grab attention and speak directly to specific audiences? Do you get excited about using visual storytelling to drive an organization’s goals? Then this is your opportunity to use your graphic design skills to help connect with and support Democratic candidates, campaign staff, and local leaders across the country. The National Democratic Training Committee is looking for an experienced video production specialist to support our varied video production needs. You’ll be responsible for shooting and editing video, including advertisements, company website elements, internal and external campaigns, branded content, documenting company events, how-to videos, and more. You should have experience managing all stages of video production, from start to finish and. This position is on the marketing team and reports to the content manager. In this position you will:
- Be a key player in telling the NDTC story through video and promote our brand through highly visual, quality pieces on tight deadlines.
- Stay on top of video marketing trends, strategies, and best practices in order to implement them as relevant into our video production strategy.
- Understand your intended audiences and the best strategies for reaching each population through video assets.
- Own and manage video projects from end-to-end.
- Take ownership of each project from the initiation stages to completion.
- Develop and sustain an on-brand video language.
- Shoot and edit video for ads, website, and other marketing channels.
- Document company events and conferences.
- Maintain equipment and help to keep our in-house studio organized and efficient (when office reopens).
- Digital asset management: reviewing, organizing, and archiving video footage.
- Develop video templates and standardized workflows to help the company work more efficiently.
- Work with the director of marketing and marketing team to create videos that align with our brand requirements and drive marketing objectives.
- Self-starter who can work independently, but who thrives in collaborative team environments.
- Ability to think creatively and bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
- Expert knowledge of video production and editing software.
- Strong aesthetic skills with attention to detail
- Ability to keep up with current trends in technology, video, and communication.
- An excellent understanding of the video production process, including pre and post-production.
- Ability to test new creative concepts, and willingness to offer creative solutions to a wide range of challenges.
- Clear understanding of video ad placement within performance marketing channels, like Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work quickly and on tight deadlines.
Nice-to-Haves, but Not Required Experiences and Skills:
- Political campaign experience as staff or volunteer
- Familiarity with virtual training environment tools (such as Zoom)
Salary is commensurate with experience, with a range of $60k – $70k per year. NDTC offers a strong benefits package including health insurance with the employee premium paid-in-full by NDTC, a 10% employer match on contributions to 401(k), short and long-term disability and life insurance, as well as a flexible paid time off policy. Additionally, NDTC’s offices close for a full week each year during Thanksgiving, a 2 week winter break, and first week in January as well as all Federal holidays. To apply please email abrown [at] traindemocrats.org with:
- your resume
- a cover letter that explains the role you feel video plays in a successful marketing plan.
- a link to your online portfolio
- the date you are available to start.
No calls, please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.