The Democratic Governors Association (DGA), the campaign committee responsible for electing and supporting Democratic governors, is seeking a highly motivated and creative candidate to fill the Video Strategist position within the Digital Department through the remainder of the 2020 election cycle. This role will create and edit compelling video content in support of Democratic governors and gubernatorial campaigns, as well as assist other departments within the DGA to engage with supporters and amplify our message. Candidates who are comfortable handling the following responsibilities are encouraged to apply.
- Concept, produce, and edit original video programming that resonates with our audience
- Work with the digital and communications teams to develop engaging content that informs voters, supports our Democratic governors and campaigns, and holds Republican governors accountable
- Create timely and compelling content for video, social media, and website projects driven by current events; identify stories and narratives that help achieve DGA goals
- Work with the research department to maintain a video bank and assist in monitoring news sources to identify compelling clips
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with the digital team and other DGA departments
The position will report to the Creative Director. It is based remotely and comes with full health care benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.This is a cycle-based position with an expected end date of 11/15/2020.The DGA is committed to a diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience with video editing and creation
- A strong eye for identifying compelling narratives and the ability to respond quickly to produce content as news breaks
- Advanced proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite with an emphasis on Premiere, After Effects, and Audition
- Familiarity with design and video best practices plus a desire to identify and stay ahead of emerging trends
- Ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, attention to consistency/detail, and written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated interest in Democratic politics and a commitment to advancing the principles and goals of the nation’s Democratic governors
- Knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS for website building is a significant plus
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio including three relevant creative examples through this application. Link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/dga/eb6a67de-0486-4b93-acd8-15f63d30d375/apply