Our Family Coalition advances equity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) families with children through support, education, and advocacy. Our Policy and Communications Program builds public education campaigns that advance equity for LGBTQ-headed families with children, builds parent capacity to create a vibrant media presence, and engages in statewide advocacy efforts. Our efforts have contributed to the implementation of the FAIR Education Act and the Modern Family Act. Our Welcoming and Inclusive Schools Program works directly with school communities to introduce LGBTQ-inclusive curricula and positive climate/safe school practices in elementary schools. We have trained more than 2,000 educators, impacting tens of thousands of students in California.Our Family Support Program works with LGBTQ parents/caregivers from family-building time through the schools years and beyond. We serve LGBTQ families and their children with over 150 workshops, support groups, and community-building events every year.
OFC is seeking a Web Development Intern to support our efforts to increase the impact and visibility of LGBTQ headed families. OFC is looking for a creative individual who is committed to our mission. The Communications Intern works closely with the Communications Coordinator and will:
- Assist with designing, coding, and modifying Our Family Coalition's website;
- Maintain website look, content, and tone consistent with brand standards;
- Help maintain digital files of photos, videos, code, and text for website;
- Provide support for special communications projects.
- Familiarity with Joomla, cross-browser and cross-device compatibility, and web standards;
- Quick learner with the ability to take initiative;
- Strong web, social media, and computer skills;
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible when necessary;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or commitment to LGBT equality & social justice;
- Experience with Google Analytics, including filters, link tagging, and custom events a plus
- Familiarity with PHP a plus
Interns are accepted on an on-going, as needed basis. Minimum 2 month commitment; 4-16 hours/week; start/end date flexible. Our office is located in San Francisco, easily accessible by public transportation. If you have questions about this internship, please email renata [at] ourfamily.org To apply, please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the Web Design and Development Intern position, along with a resume to naomi [at] ourfamily.org or fax to 415-981-1962.