The National Center for Transgender Equality is a national social justice organization devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people through education and advocacy on national issues of importance to transgender people.By empowering transgender people and our allies to educate and influence policymakers and others, NCTE facilitates a strong and clear voice for transgender equality in our nation's capital and around the country.
The National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE) seeks a Workplace Inclusion Manager to help support the development and policy departments to provide training and policy review for employers. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Workplace Inclusion Manager will be an integral member of the development team and will provides trainings on transgender-related topics and reviews human resources (HR) policies for inclusivity.Responsibilities:
- Assist Development Director in development and implementation of a strategy to meet revenue and relationship goals regarding speaking, training, and policy review.
- Design effective training programs and prepare educational materials that integrate humor and other tools to maximize learning.
- Liaise with employers to determine training needs and create tailored presentations to meet the needs of the group or audience.
- Manage and coordinate logistics and pre-meeting activity, including research on workplace partners and preparation of presentations, proposals, etc.
- Lead professional workplace trainings on a variety of transgender-related topics, from introduction to transgender identities to compliance with nondiscrimination laws, and how they apply to employers, such as schools and businesses.
- Liaise with employers to identify policy needs and consult to improve HR policies, create gender transition guidelines, protect the legal rights of transgender individuals, and ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Identify and develop legal projects to complete with pro bono law firms on behalf of NCTE and potentially other partners.
- Serve as project manager to review and complete pro bono projects and engage legal partners in NCTE’s work.
- Maintain communication and develop relationships with appropriate partners to keep them current on NCTE’s work and opportunities for value-added partnerships.
- Work collaboratively with Development Department to identify, solicit and secure sponsors and in-kind donations for events such as the Annual Event, etc.
- Develop a pipeline of new prospects through outbound solicitations; field, assess and evaluate incoming calls; cultivate and develop relationships with workplace partners in support of NCTE’s mission.
- Review workplace training, partnership and cause-marketing trends and identify opportunities to incorporate these trends where appropriate.
- Maintain a solid understanding of NCTE and its programs, initiatives, and goals.
- Provide other support to the development department, as assigned.
Location/Hours: The Workplace Inclusion Manager works out of our national office in Washington, DC. The position will involve some travel.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to create and maintain order within a fast-moving environment while ensuring consistent quality in work product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven experience and excellence drafting professional content for external audiences.
- Experience with training and/or public speaking preferred, with the ability to integrate fun/humor for maximum impact.
- Knowledge of workplace nondiscrimination laws and policies preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, anticipate actions, and use creative means to complete tasks on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization to donors as well as interface with all levels of staff and volunteers while maintaining tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to deal with trainees and others expressing ignorance or biased beliefs, by responding with patience and understanding.
- Creative thinker with the ability to prioritize, execute and manage multiple projects through to completion while meeting tight deadlines. Excellent organizational skills, with superior attention to detail and strong follow-through are essential.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, with Prezi or other presentation software a plus.
- Self-motivated troubleshooter with exceptional resourcefulness and initiative.
- Maintain a positive attitude and thrive in rapid-paced environment while managing multiple projects and high email volume under consistently tight deadlines.
- Pivot and adapt to quickly shifting needs and priorities.
- Enthusiasm for non-profit development work.
- Commitment to social justice: an understanding of and commitment to issues affecting transgender people as well as an understanding of racism, classism and other systems of inter-connected oppressions is critical.
- Spanish language ability is a plus.
- Commitment to the mission of NCTE.
- NCTE will consider applicants within a range of experience and education levels.
Email a resume and cover letter to apply [at] transequality.org, (a single PDF document is preferred), with the subject line “Workplace Inclusion Manager.” Inquire over email if an acknowledgement of your application is not received after one week. Please no calls. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.The National Center for Transgender Equality is an equal opportunity employer. NCTE is committed to creating a diverse staff made of people who are hard-working, kind, optimistic and committed to social justice, from all segments of transgender and allied communities. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact Patrick Paschall, Director of Finance and Operations, at ppaschall [at] transequality.org.